Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Doncaster to Dublin to Philadelphia to San Diego

I flew out of Dublin back to the land of half and half on Monday. My body and mind are in disagreement as to what time it is.
It has been a roller coaster ride these last six months. I am going to a little place in Oregon to walk the woods, work on my photos, reflect on my adventures, and write a bit. Kirsty is staying across the pond and I hope to be back with her as soon as I can.

With thanks to Tom Waits:

Well my time went so quickly, I went lickety-splickly out to my old '55
As I drove away slowly, feeling so holy, God knows, I was feeling alive.

Now the sun's coming up, I'm riding with Lady Luck, freeway cars and trucks,
Stars beginning to fade, and I lead the parade
Just a-wishing I'd stayed a little longer,
Oh, Lord, let me tell you that the feeling's getting stronger.

And it's six in the morning, gave me no warning; I had to be on my way.


Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment