Friday, November 5, 2010

A Riot of Color

I took a walk in Lithia Park today and was amazed at the colors of the leaves! Fall is in full throat here and the leaves are falling all over town. As I was starting my walk, I was looking up and admiring the yellow leaves. A gust of wind blew and it started raining leaves all around me. I made a pathetic attempt to capture some of the leaves with my camera, but I seemed to have lost a step since my eagle capture in Alaska. Must be all those scones and bread I ate in Europe. The park is a wonderful, peaceful place. I will spend many hours in this park, absorbing the good energy. Enjoy the colors my friends!

So many leaves! There is something fun about walking through the leaves, kicking them about. Brings back memories of oh, so long ago.


Here is my pathetic attempt at capturing the fallen leaves (the blurry ones).

The shades of reds, yellows and oranges seemed infinite.




Nice of the city to let us know!






The park follows the Ashland River.



Nose bleed height!









Stunning colors!







I stumbled upon this amazing, natural "rock garden" deep in the woods. It must have taken millions of years for the wind, water and ice to carve these unique structures. Truly an enchanted place.

This isn't in the park, but is where I am staying for a few months. The inside walls are still the original brick walls. More on Ashland later after I get a better feel for the place. One thing I noticed is that cars stop for anyone within 3 feet of a crosswalk. Both sides of the street. Kinda militant about it.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment