Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Hiking Around Arpino

We took off on a hike to look for the wee people who lived in the forests around here. It had been raining heavily the days before and we found the trail almost impassable (we climbed up and around part of it). No wee folk were seen, but maybe a few heard whispering as we passed.

We climbed up to the right of this quagmire and found. . .

The earth sliding away towards the path. One more wet winter and I think the path is a goner.

Gives you some idea of how deep this path has been carved down into the earth.

Heard the wee ones rustling hereabouts.


I said to myself as we were walking back on the path seen in the first couple of pictures, "that bit of mud can't be that deep," so I planted right foot down and sank immediately up to the top of my boot. Luckily I still had a firm footing with my left foot and was able to quickly lift my right boot out or I probably would have sank up to my hip.

Careful hiker, not-so-careful hiker showing their muddy boots.

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment