Monday, July 11, 2016

A Temple or Two

We heard that there were some old temples in the area, so we got a hold of Mr. Bong and headed off towards the Angkor Wat area to see what we could find. I had read in a few blogs that sometimes people got hot and tired after a few temples. Let me set the record straight: after a few hours of slogging through 5, or 6, or whatever number of temples, I don't think I could have cared less about the next temple, just a few kilometers down the road. Mr. Bong, after seeing the drained, withered look of his guests, nodded like he had seen it before, and wisely took us back home. There we slithered into the pool like a couple of alligators, just our eyes and nose above the water, until such time that we cooled our inner core.
I took some pictures, but couldn't really tell you what temple was what because after my hands started sticking to the camera, and my clothes were stuck to me, I stopped giving a crap. Enjoy.


 Asparas are female sipirits in Hindu and Buddhist mythology. As this is a family blog, I will leave it to you to see what they got up to.



 Angkor Wat, if memory serves me. But maybe not.





 Ta Phrom after Angelina Jolie and her film crew left.

 I would say that the builders here could compete with the Egyptian pyramid builders!


The Chinese are involved in the restoration of some of the temples.

 Here is an example of their restoration work. I think it would be better if they were to let it fall down.

 These are some of the steps we didn't climb.





 He was feeling the heat too.


 Loved the detail!






So popular after Tomb Raider, that they roped the area off to keep the eejits from destroying it.

Mr. bong driving us home.

Peace my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment