Sunday, August 5, 2018

Birthday Fun

 My lovely bride’s birthday was upon us, so what better than to take the bus to Le Tour. Then the cable car from there up to Charmillon, where we hiked a bit until we came to L’Alpage restaurant for birthday coffee and treats.

L’Alpage de Baume

 Our view.

 Coffee and treats! 

Then we hiked over to another cable car station to take it down to Vallorcine.
Once down, we took the train back to Argentiere where we had birthday lunch.

Kirsty had a local mountain specialty called tartiflette. Potatoes, onions, bacon and Reblochon, which is a local, smelly cheese. I am told by Kirsty it is delicious. 

I had a delicious salmon cooked in a cream sauce. Not my birthday so no pics!

On the way home, it was so hot that Kirsty decided to soak her feet in the mountain spring water.

A good time was had by all!
 

Peace my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment