Sunday, July 18, 2010

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Haines

Well my friends, my plans have changed a bit. I am leaving Sitka early Monday morning (4 am!) on the ferry to Prince Rupert. My new friend, Kirsty and I are then going to drive like a couple of bats out of hell to Seattle to drop her off at SEATAC airport. She is going to go see her brother on the East Coast, and I am going to see Jamie and Gretchen, then drive back down to San Diego to put my stuff in storage and see friends and family.
Kirsty and I are going to meet in Philadelphia on the 28th, and fly to Dublin, Ireland (she is Irish). We are going to spend the night there, then fly to Tanlay, France the next day. Kirsty is going to work on a luxury barge that cruises up and down the canal there while I sit at a cafe, drink espresso and learn French. That last part may change. :) I don't know how long I will be in Europe, nor even where I am going to be while there. But the blog will continue as I hang about across the pond.


Alaska was fantastic, and I will more than likely head back to Sitka soon. It is a magical place full of very good people.

La Paix, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment