Saturday, July 31, 2010

France Update

Bonjour!
We made it to Dublin at 9 in the morning with no sleep and pretty much stayed that way until the next night when we finally were able to sleep. Me in a room owned by a couple of Kirsty's friends (the place is a converted 18th century barn turned into a house!!) and Kirsty on the Elisabeth, the luxury barge on which she will be working. Today was spent getting supplies for the barge, getting a phone, walking around Tonnerre, and trying to figure out where I'm going to stay. :)

I feel a bit out of sorts here not knowing more than four words of French, but this place is, in a word, unreal, to someone like me who loves history.
Checking into the b&b by myself was a hoot tonight as I didn't speak French and the clerk didn't speak English. But we figured it out. Breakfast ought to be interesting :)
This is a picture of the canal from Tanlay to Tonnerre (I walked this route today).

Anywho, I hope to get more wifi time and continue the blog soon.


Moi

No comments:

Post a Comment