Saturday, March 12, 2011

Doors and Windows in Marseillan

France does not have much in the way of cookie-cutter housing. I think of it more like a tossed salad look: somewhat similar looks, but not quite identical. Walking around, I am often pleasantly surprised at the style and colors of the dwelling. Of course, I am also, at times left wondering, "what the heck were they thinking!"
Also, for those of you who have not yet been to France, it needs to be repeated: the French must have an aversion to picking up dog poop. So combined with the scarcity of grass in the towns, one if left to dodge the poop and pee while one walks about. Thank goodness we leave before the hot weather.

Here are some pictures of the doors and windows of Marseillan (and not a poop pic among them):


One of the few brightly colored houses here. Grays, browns and blues are the norm.



Looks like someone was laying siege to this door with an axe.



Love the blue!


I was intrigued by the ten holes drilled in the bottom of the door.

I wonder how long it takes for a screen to get to this state?



Very thin door!


Someone's compensating?





and my favorite:
There's a story or two behind this door.

France is fading fast for me my friends, itching to head out. Italy is a few weeks away!

Take care my friends, I miss you all.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment