Friday, August 13, 2010

SENS

Sens was a wonderful stop on our cruise. The Cathedral of St. Étienne is remarkable, as was the Chambres d'Hotes  Maison d' Aviler (bed and breakfast) where I spent the night. The figs from the garden were very, very good. A must stop on the way back!

Sens Pictures




Great cafe in the town square!


Liked the modern and old juxtaposition.



Maison d' Aviler Pictures

View of the garden from my room.





Cathedral Pictures





Unfortunately the tower was being renovated, so it looked like a grain silo.

The passengers were driven back to Paris by Peter and Sheena, so Kirsty and I took the train from Briare to Gien for a bit of a break from the boat. A bit of wifi and voila, the next post was made.
I expect to have steady wifi sometime soon so I can catch up the posts and have steady emails.
Peace to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment