Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A Boy in the Woods Needs a Few Knives

I don't plan on chopping down trees or building shelters, but a guy needs his knives. The Victorinox Rescue Tool is a must have, especially the handy toothpick. 

  • Large Locking Blade (liner lock)
  • Phillips Screwdriver
  • Window Breaker (removable)
  • Strong Screwdriver/Crate Opener
  • Bottle Opener
  • Wire Stripper
  • Reamer, Punch
  • Seat belt Cutter
  • Key Ring
  • Tweezers
  • Toothpick
  • Disc Saw for Shatterproof Glass (removable)
  • Luminescent Handles
 

My carry around all the time knife is the Columbia River Mt. Shasta, a high-carbon, drilled skeleton, stainless-steel construction folding knife.


And for when I'm kayaking, and there may be pirates about, I have the NRS Pilot Knife with the quick release sheath (firmly locks the knife in place and only lets it go when you squeeze both sides of the release). The blunt tip design protects against unintentional puncture of my gear or me!
 
Also, the Gerber Folding Saw very quickly cuts up branches, highly recommended.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment