Friday, June 18, 2010

Another Day In Paradise

The weather broke today so I decided to take the yak out for a spin over to Middle Island. I saw an otter on the way, but apparently it can swim much faster than I can paddle, so it kept far enough ahead of me as to make a picture blurry at best. Still, I watched him cavort for a bit before he headed off for parts unknown. There are houses on the island, so I had to hunt for a place to put in for lunch. Found a nice little bay on the west side.

Heading out, saw this little fixer upper.


View towards Sitka docks, but I'm going to hang a right.

Heading towards Middle Island.

That's an otter. Trust me.

Heading around to the west side of the island.

Lunch spot!

Found a parking spot.

Looks like a table for one, no waiting!

Heading back, smooth as glass.

La Paix, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment