Saturday, June 19, 2010

Hiking About

I went biking to town and back in the morning, then drove up to the top of the Harbor Mountain road. On a whim, I decided to hike up to the top of the peak that I saw from the bottom of the parking lot. I wasn't really planning on a hike, but it just looked so darn inviting. I didn't know that there was an easier way to get most of the way up there until I was coming down. It was a gorgeous day again and a very peaceful summit.

Hard way up.

That's the Subaru circles in red, and I'm about halfway up.

A couple of fun guys on the trail.

Getting close to the top.

On top, walking towards the edge.




Views from the edge.



These old, weathered trees were very cool.

I liked the white wake contrasting with the blue water.

Found the easy way (for a good part of the way) up and down while I was going down. Not as exciting, but easier on the knees.

Heiwa my Friends.
(Peace in Japanese)

No comments:

Post a Comment