Friday, June 18, 2010

Cruising the Neighborhood

Captain Barb invited me to accompany her and Kirsty on a cruise around the neighborhood in her spiffy boat. I did my best to stay out of their way as they got the boat ready and we headed north from The Fisherman's Quay north passed Middle Island, Starrigavan Bay (where I'm camped), around Krestoff Island, behind the Magoun Islands, then back to the Quay. It was a gorgeous day on the water!


Two painstakingly recreated nautical charts.

Cap'n Barb (on the boat), and one half of the motley crew (me being the other half).

The ubiquitous coffee cup.

 Heading out.


On the way out, we saw the Coast Guard practicing rescues.





Lava flow from the last time Mt. Edgecumbe erupted.

Nice little shack on its own island.


Whales!!!!!










Sing along with me: "This ain't sea world, this is as real as it gets. I'm on a boat.....!"

Returning home.



The Quay.

Thanks Barb!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment