Saturday, May 29, 2010

Hanging Out on the Bay

I'll take this soul that's inside me now
Like a brand new friend
I'll forever know

I got back to my tent about 7 pm and decided to kayak out in the bay. It was a gorgeous day, uncharacteristically warm for Sitka. I donned my wetsuit, and headed out. Once in the middle of the bay, I stopped paddling and just floated, watching and listening to the eagles as they flew about. A couple of seals were swimming about 100 feet away, the waters almost completely calm. The snow-capped mountains were crystal clear all around me. I sat in wonder at the glory of what I was seeing and feeling. Years of tension and stress seemed to fade away, washed away with the tears spilling down my cheeks.

No pictures this time my friends, just me enjoying the peace and serenity of this journey I am blessed to be on.

No comments:

Post a Comment