Sunday, May 2, 2010

To quote some hack writer, "parting is such sweet sorrow." I have come to accept the ying/yang of life, for to never know sorrow is to never truly know joy. These last few days have been full of byes, but hopefully not goodbyes. I will miss all of you that have enriched my life by your closeness, support and love.
Tomorrow I head off to Yosemite with my great friend Jennifer. Yosemite holds a special place in her heart and she has graciously agreed to share and explore the wonder of the park with me for a few days. 

Vernal Falls is a place of remarkable beauty!!

 I am beyond ready to start this journey, anxious and without an appetite. Sleep is fleeting as I lay awake staring at the shadows on the wall. Soon...

"Leave it to me as I find a way to be
Consider me a satellite, forever orbiting
I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me
Guaranteed"

4 comments:

  1. I agree, the mind is much better at saying bye than the body. You know someone for 30 years, someone who, with the exception of the first 5 minutes,:-) has been your best friend in this life, but when it comes to saying bye, a handshake and a quick "manly" hug is all the body can produce.

    Fare thee well my friend. Travel well and wise, see and do, return when you can.

    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is kind of a sad goodbye for me as well. I will miss you great friend and will cherish every moment we had together. It will be hard at first but I will take small steps each day to recover. Thank you for everything Aibertos I will miss your yellow exterior and ur passion for carne asada. Oh and good luck Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't imagine how long it will take for me to overcome the urge to call you for coffee. Who will go with me to the Hillcrest Theater??? I miss you terribly already. See you in India. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're triply blessed - a great guide, a traveling companion, and an awesome bit of nature to explore. I'm livin' vicariously through you, friend. Stay safe!!

    ReplyDelete