Sunday, May 16, 2010

Seattle

Back to the state of my birth as I cross over the Columbia River. Onwards to Seattle to rough it for three days.


And by roughing it, I mean the W in Seattle.


Of course, there is one of these across the street.

Looking up has a different feel here in the big city.

Hanging with my son Jamie.

That is the REI behind him in Seattle. Gotta get a bigger tent. Nicely done store! Even has a tree house inside.

We stopped by the University Street Fair. It was either that or kill ourselves while we waited for Jamie's wife Gretchen to come back from her sister's 30th birthday party in Oregon (so we could get some sushi).

Jamie said I should stand in front of this sign for some reason. Guess he liked the purple because he went to UW. Tomorrow we go kayaking on Lake Union and partake of more sushi at one of the best, Umi Sushi Restaurant and Sake Bar.

Peace

2 comments:

  1. Nice digs for a few days! How big of a tent are you getting? Was yours too small to move around in, or were you looking for more room for stuff inside? Good look'n boy you got there by the way, but don't tell him I said so, it'd go right to his head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need a larger tent for when I stay in a place for a couple of weeks. I want to be able to stand up and sit comfortably in the tent. It rains frequently, so I may be spending a bit of time in the tent. I got a six person tent with a full rain fly (all the way to the ground).

    ReplyDelete