Sunday, May 30, 2010

Siginaka Island Kayak Trip

I took a cruise over to Siginkaka Islands today (about 7 miles round trip) in 1-2 foot swells. I wanted to see how the kayak handled in rougher seas so I left about noon when the wind was picking up. The yak handled exceptionally well. No doubt I would have flipped it about 100 times without the outriggers on. Paddling into the swells (and against the incoming tide) was a bit tiring. I paddled over to the north side of the island group and pulled in to a little bay and had lunch. After hanging about for a bit, I headed back to camp. Although on the way back my arms seemed not as eager to get with it as when I first started.

A view of Mt. Edgecumbe in the backgtound.



Couple of views from lunch spot.


Very dense wooded area immediately at the beach.

View towards water.

This fallen tree reminded me of whale bones. Top of tree was about 12 feet high.

This tree branch stump reminded me of a walrus.

Lunch!

Peanut butter and rye krisps. Also, I had forgotten how delicious peanut butter and bananas were together!

Shell on the beach.

Eagle feather??

Found these on the way back. Shot taken underwater.

Closer view.

Another day in paradise my friends. Still no rain, but a little colder today.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment