Thursday, May 6, 2010

Yosemite

Hello to all from Yosemite. Internet access is sporadic at best here, so this post will be short. I will update this post when I have a bit more time.
Folks earlier told me that the first time seeing Half Dome is a breathtaking experience, but I was still stunned when it came into view. I believe I said, "WOW!" or something to that effect. Many, many more "wows!" were forthcoming and have yet to stop. I will do my best to expound on the wows.  :)

I am truly blessed to have Jennifer as my Yosemite guide! Her enthusiasm and true love for this place have greatly enhanced my experience.
Below is a picture taken near Yosemite Lodge by the bank of the Merced River. We stopped to relax after bike riding for a bit. I was truly in the moment when this picture was taken, as the world fell away and I could just be.

Jennifer has pretty much taken over my camera and has a remarkable eye for composition. Her photos of Yosemite are truly wonderful and I am looking forward to sharing them with you. I will try my best to give her credit when the photos are taken by her (obviously if they are of me she took them).

The other picture is on our descent down from Vernal Falls. Quite the experience, and very wet!!




















More to follow. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment