Thursday, May 27, 2010

Onward to Sitka

Wasn't planning on another night on the boat, but because of the delay, we arrived in Sitka at 4 am, instead of 11 pm the previous evening. Tried sleeping on the deck, but a bull walrus was snoring in the vicinity and I had to move back to the observation deck as everything else was already taken. No coeds this time, but no worries as I had to be up by 330 am anyway. So I schlepped down to the obs deck about midnight, rolled around for a few hours, then got up and got some coffee and watched the sunrise on the waters around Sitka. A perfect start to the day!!

The night before we were treated a to a display of humpback whales about dusk. They followed us for a bit and I got a cool shot of two whales!!



Loved all of the little islands on the way.

Miles and miles of sheer beauty!

Docked in Kake. Rhymes with cake.


And then we were treated to a magnificent display of nature's wonder with a sunset that can't adequately be described with words.













Damn!

 Chilling on the upper deck before the walrus chased me away.

Mt. Edgecombe across from Sitka.

4 in the morning, hello Sitka!

Arriving at the Sitka dock.

Driving off the Taku!!

I am here. I am blessed.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment