Thursday, May 20, 2010

Vanderhoof

I'm paying $4.73 a gallon for gas up here. Saw the $1.169 signs at the gas station and thought I had died and gone to heaven. Of course, it was $1.169 a litre. Life is funny that way.

Vanderhoof is apparently where you go to go somewhere else. Not much here. Lots of farmland and a small town center.

Now you know.

Farms completely surround Vanderhoof.

The airport runway.

Large lumber mill nearby.

If I had more time, I was going to call and see if they gave lessons. I know, I'm twelve sometimes. This is in here purely to wake you up.

This is for Francis, train restorer extraordinaire!

The Nechako River flows through Vanderhoof. Apparently it is a very large sanctuary for migratory birds. Only, not so much now. Saw a few seagulls.

Lots of windshield repair places up in these parts.

"This is Becky. She is our family's favorite cow who we have raised from a calf. We are going to kill and eat her next week."

And then. . .

New tent.



Inside my spacious new REI Base Camp 6 tent. Sleeps 6, but as I don't expect any company, it should be quite comfy. Apple did not pay for the product placement.

I was going to go on a hike, but the sky decided to open up, so it was blog time. Looks like today is gonna be a lazy, quiet day. Darn.

On to Prince Rupert and the green, green, green of the British Columbia coast tomorrow. Supposed to rain, so it might be quite the experience setting up in the rain. Now, how do I get the rain cover on the tent first?

Peace my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment