Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Oh, Canada!

Jamie and I had a last breakfast before I headed north. We went to the Portage Bay Cafe. The food there is outstanding! If you get to Seattle, it is the place to eat!


Chorizo burrito (he is in training for the Portland Marathon).

I, on the other hand, had vegan pancakes (made with coconut milk and bananas for sweetness). They have a fruit bar for toppings (all extremely fresh).

Then it was a hug and a bye (for now), and a dash for the border.

Canadian Port of Entry. Appropriate weather for me. Funny thing about cameras, they sometimes want to focus on the raindrops on the windshield instead of what is beyond the windshield. Oh well, if you squint, it comes into focus.

Those French-Canadians, they have a different word for everything.

Southern British Columbia is very beautiful and heavily forested.


Farther up the trail, at Spences Bridge, the trees thin out and the area is semi-arid. This is behind my tent site.

This is behind my site as well. That is the Fraser River at the base of the mountain (a very fast moving river). Notice the train tracks? Well, funny thing about those tracks. It seems trains run on them, and on a set of tracks at the base of the hill in the background. One train goes north and one goes south, alternating about every half hour. The southern trains like to sound the horn. Every time. Every hour. Sometimes the northbound train does too, and its tracks are about 75 yards from my tent.
So, these trains run all day. All night too. And, to make it more hilarious, these trains are about 9 gillion boxcars long. Or so it seemed. Maybe less.

How does the proprietor sleep?????  He probably says "what trains?" if asked about the train noise.

So, if you like trains, Acacia Grove at Spences Bridge is the place for you.

I decamped at first light, about 5 am.

Anywho, I let it go like water off a duck's back, and headed to Vanderhoof and Dave's RV Park. I'm in Canada for crying out loud!!!

Peace my friends.

1 comment:

  1. You sure pick some noisy spots to camp. :-) Are you using your new tent, any pics of the grand palace?

    ReplyDelete